Although it’s relatively easy to find motels that offer free parking, the same can’t be said for hotels (here are other differences between the 2 types of accommodations). Sure, you’ll find a hotel here and there that offers free parking, but they’re few and far between. In fact, nowadays, even if you stay at a hotel on points, you might still get stuck paying for daily parking (by the way, here’s why they charge it).
It’s been my experience that the more popular and expensive a travel location is, the higher the chances that hotels in the area will charge for parking. The only standout? Walt Disney World. For DECADES they didn’t charge for overnight parking…until they started to, a few years ago. The good news is, along with a bunch of other recent positive changes, they’ve since removed the parking charge to stay at a Disney-owned hotel.
Hawaii is another place where you can usually expect to pay beaucoup bucks, not only for hotel parking, but rented condos, bed & breakfasts, etc. Yet, believe it or not, there are some of those places, even in Hawaii, that buck the system and don’t charge for overnight parking. There are at least 6 in or near Honolulu alone. You might want to keep them in mind:
Aston Waikiki Beach Tower
Part of the 31-location Aqua-Aston Hospitality chain that was purchased by Marriott Vacations Worldwide in 2018, the Aston Waikiki Beach Tower doesn’t charge for their complimentary valet parking. It’s all part of the resort’s $45/day resort fee.
The resort also boasts:
- All-suite accommodations include fully equipped kitchens for convenient in-room dining.
- Every suite is oceanfront with floor-to-ceiling windows.
- Amazing service that has guests returning year after year. Some guests have marked their 15th and 16th stay.
- Our hospitality lounge for early check-ins and late-departure flights.
- Quiet and privacy in the center of Waikiki, featuring only four suites per floor.
The Breakers Hotel Waikiki
Originally opened in 1954, the Breakers is located on Beach Walk, a half a block from Waikiki Beach, very near the Duke Kahanamoku statue.
The hotel has 6 dedicated parking stalls that are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
IHG Army Hotels Building 228
From IHG’s website:
About IHG Army Hotels:
“IHG® Hotels & Resorts and Lendlease are honored to have been selected by the Army as the hotel operator and developer of its 40 lodging locations. Bringing industry-leading knowledge from both the hotel construction and hotel operation sides, we are working together to build a haven for the military and their families. We understand the complexities of being on post, work hard to create an environment of respect and knowledge, and provide a sense of community to each and every one of our guests.”
About IHG Army Hotels Building 228:
“Tripler Army Medical Center, the largest medical facility in the Pacific, is located on the lush island of Oahu, Hawaii. The IHG Army Hotel at TAMC offers comfortable suites in a central location just a few minutes from the airport.
“For those joining us on TDY, PCS or unofficial travel, we have created the ideal temporary home. Once you’ve registered at the Central Building (Bldg 228), hop aboard the courtesy shuttle and visit local on-Post attractions. There’s plenty to do here, from golf to the well-equipped TAMC Physical Fitness Center, a performance at the Army Community Theatre to the gear and programs at the Outdoor Rec Center.
“Our suites offer everything from free high-speed Internet access, local calls and a 32-inch LCD cable TV with HBO to a living room and a desk with dataport. Start the day with a delicious, free breakfast and join us every Wednesday evening for a congenial meal at our Sundowner Social”
And parking is free.
Established in 1995, the Ilima Hotel is considered to be something of a curiosity in Waikiki. from City-Data: “Unlike most of the huge high-rise resorts that surround it, this 17-story property with 98 condominium-style rooms is family owned and operated. What makes it truly unique, however, is a singular fixation on Hawaiian culture.”
- Local, toll-free and credit card phone calls
- Data phone jacks and voice mail
- A starter coffee kit in each room upon arrival
- Complimentary HBO and Disney channels
- Daily morning newspapers
- Wireless internet access in the lobby
- In-room gift of chocolate-covered macadamia nuts and fresh orchids.
- High-speed internet access is available in all deluxe units
Manoa Valley Inn
Located near the University of Hawaii, Manoa Valley Inn is a real, old-fashioned bed & breakfast. This beautiful historic home built in 1912 captures the charm of a bygone era in Hawaii. The Manoa Valley Inn features lush tropical gardens, a spacious lanai and saltwater pool to provide a quiet and relaxing refuge. Your hosts and their friendly pets will greet you with a warm welcome.”
Along with free parking, the B&B offers:
- A delicious full breakfast each morning, featuring freshly made pancakes, eggs, meats and fresh fruits, juices and our original signature brand coffee!
- Saltwater Pool
- Air-conditioned rooms
- NO resort/hidden fees
- Easy access to O‘ahu’s attractions, districts and neighborhoods
Marine Surf Waikiki
Located in Honolulu, Marine Surf Waikiki are rental studio apartments. The complex offers free parking, as well as the following:
- large balcony
- floor-to-ceiling/wall-to wall balcony window
- all new full kitchen (cooking oven, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, pots, pans etc.)
- AC (low noise level split system unit)
- 50′ LCD TV + DVD player + Stereo System
- free Wi-Fi & basic cable
- Queen Size bed (with brand new mattress)
- Queen sized Sleeping Sofa pullout bed with comfortable mattress (brand new)
- 2 changes of bed sheets / towels etc.
The building amenities include:
- restaurant / coffee shop on the ground floor
- laundry machine on each floor (card operated)
- swimming pool
- secured elevator entry
- elegant secured lobby
Pacific Marina Inn
The Pacific Marina Inn is located five minutes from Honolulu International Airport, 15 minutes from downtown Honolulu, and 20 minutes from Waikiki.
Along with free parking, among other things, they offer complimentary 24-hour airport shuttle service, air conditioning, private bath, flat screen TV, and high-speed Wi-Fi connectivity.
Waikiki Beach Condominiums
The condos of Waikiki Beach Condominiums each offer either ocean, mountain, golf course or Diamond Head view. Along with free covered and assigned parking, they also offer:
- Full sized, fully equipped kitchen
- Washer & dryer in each cindo
- Air conditioning
- Dish Network satellite TV
- Free movie channel
- Safes in room
- Telephone system with voice mail
- Free local calls
- On-site multi-lingual staff
- Maid service upon departure included
- Free wireless internet in lobby & wired internet in all rooms
They also boast a rooftop swimming pool and recreation deck which includes a sauna, showers, sun lounge area, exercise facility, kitchen area, with ice machine and 3 separate BBQ areas.
Want to comment on this post? Great! Read this first to help ensure it gets approved.
Want to sponsor a post, write something for Your Mileage May Vary, or put ads on our site? Click here for more info.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and sign up to get emailed notifications of when we post.
Whether you’ve read our articles before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.