My name is Sharon and I am a chronic over-packer.
Oh, I CAN pack lightly if I really, really try (I can do a 4-day weekend with just this bag if it’s summertime and I’m going to wear a lot of shorts and T-shirts). But once I’m up to the 5-day mark? It’s all over. That’s when I pull out my bag that I have to check, and then I have SO MUCH ROOM, so I throw in my “just in case” clothes (and shoes to match) and the big bottle of suntan lotion because “just in case,” and my pillow (it’s been all around the world) and…
So when I saw what this lady can do when she packs, well…
I really need to go to practice. I mean, I KNOW a bunch of the rules…
- Pack layers of lighter clothing that you can mix & match and possibly re-wear, rather than bulky stuff
- Just 1 or 2 pairs of multi-purpose shoes and roll socks into them
- Buy toiletries at your destination (but then you have to bring them back home, no?)
- Use packing cubes
- Know when to roll vs. fold
- Plan to do laundry on longer trips (here are some tips)
…but there has to be more.
How do YOU ensure you pack light?
Want to comment on this post? Great! Read this first to help ensure it gets approved.
Want to sponsor a post, write something for Your Mileage May Vary, or put ads on our site? Click here for more info.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and sign up to get emailed notifications of when we post.
Whether you’ve read our articles before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary