Allegiant Air announced today that they are expanding its service out of Sarasota-Bradenton International Airport (SRQ) to include nine new year-round destinations. To date, it’s one of the airline’s largest expansions out of a single airport.
The new routes, which will begin on February 22, include Asheville, North Carolina and Baltimore, Maryland. These are in addition to Pittsburgh, Indianapolis and Cincinnati, which were the low-cost carrier’s original destinations from SRQ when the airline begin service out of that airport this past April.
On top of that, in April 2019, nonstop service will begin from SRQ to Grand Rapids, Michigan; Cleveland, Ohio; Columbus, Ohio; Harrisburg, Pennsylvania; Nashville, Tennessee; Richmond, Virginia; and Syracuse, New York.
“We’re excited to announce this unprecedented expansion in one of the newest destinations in our network – Sarasota,” said Drew Wells, Allegiant’s VP of planning and revenue. “Sarasota offers world-renowned beaches, museums and dining, and we’re so excited to bring even more visitors to this amazing city.”
To celebrate the expansion that makes it the airline with the most non-stop flights out of that airport, Allegiant is offering some super low introductory rates:
- Asheville, North Carolina via Asheville Regional Airport (AVL) – beginning Feb. 22, 2019 with fares as low as $45.*
- Baltimore via Baltimore / Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI) – beginning Feb. 22, 2019 with fares as low as $65.*
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania via Harrisburg International Airport (MDT) – beginning April 3, 2019 with fares as low as $65.*
- Syracuse, New York via Syracuse Hancock International Airport (SYR) – beginning April 3, 2019 with fares as low as $65.*
- Cleveland via Cleveland Hopkins International Airport (CLE) – beginning April 4, 2019 with fares as low as $55.*
- Columbus, Ohio via Rickenbacker International Airport (LCK) – beginning April 4, 2019 with fares as low as $55.*
- Richmond, Virginia via Richmond International Airport (RIC) – beginning April 4, 2019 with fares as low as $65.*
- Grand Rapids, Michigan via Gerald R. Ford International Airport (GRR) – beginning April 5, 2019 with fares as low as $55.*
- Nashville, Tennessee via Nashville International Airport (BNA) – beginning April 5, 2019 with fares as low as $55.*
Allegiant now has more nonstop routes out of SRQ than any other airline. Each flight is expected to run twice a week, and all of the routes (except for Cleveland) are brand new for the airport.
“We’ve added some more capacity from the standpoint of parking — some more parking facilities — and we’re adding some more conveyor facilities so we have more ticket counter space, but overall the airport has plenty of capacity,” said Rick Piccolo, president and CEO of SRQ. “We could pretty much double our capacity before we’d get into any constraints.”
* Seats and dates are limited and fares are not available on all flights. Flights must be purchased by Nov. 14, 2018 for travel by May 20, 2019 for service to SRQ from: AVL and BWI. Flights must be purchased by Nov. 14, 2018 for travel by Aug. 13, 2019 for service to SRQ from: BNA, CLE, GRR, LCK, MDT, RIC and SYR. Price displayed reflects purchase of a round-trip itinerary and includes taxes, carrier charges & government fees. Fare rules, routes and schedules are subject to change without notice. Optional baggage charges and additional restrictions may apply. For more details, optional services and baggage fees, please visit AllegiantAir.com.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.