Happy Sunday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- On Twitter, I saw a link from Nomadic Matt about how Airbnb shut down one of their biggest customers in Canada. The CBC reports that while the account was suspended, Airbnb didn’t cancel or alert any customers with outstanding reservations and the same properties were online under different accounts within days. Just add this to all the things to worry about as an Airbnb Guest or Host. As if hidden, undisclosed cameras weren’t enough to worry about.
- Matthew from Live and Let’s Fly shared a digital nomad’s biggest fear – Having a drunk seatmate spill a drink on your laptop midflight.
- There’s no arguing the fact that there’s some civil unrest going on between Hong Kong and China right now. God Save The Points alerted readers that passengers traveling through China may (or will) have their digital devices, including smartphones, scanned. This includes connecting your phone to a Chinese scanning device. I don’t plan on visiting China soon but if I do, I’ll be sure to use 1Password’s travel mode which removes all my passwords from my device.
- Speaking Hong Kong, Ben from One Mile At A Time wrote about United’s suspension of flights to the city, no doubt related to the domestic turmoil going on.
- China’s not the only place that’s being tough on people entering the country. The Washington Post chronicled a story of a British Journalist visiting Los Angeles to cover the Disney Company’s D23 convention who was picked out as one of the “fake news” by a CBP agent when trying to enter the United States. The U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials have stated they are aware of the incident.
- On to lighter political news, let’s head to the United Kingdom. When I carry my baggage off the plane, it’s just a typical flight. However, when Prince William is caught carrying his family’s hand baggage from a FlyBe plane where the Royal’s purchased an $89 ticket to get from Norwich to Aberdeen, it’s a big deal. I hope the family kept within FlyBe’s size and weight requirements for cabin baggage.
- United Airlines is out with another Mile Play promotion and Doctor of Credit shares the details. I haven’t paid attention since we’re not currently flying with United.
- Finally, there’s an interesting post by Out and Out about Citi ThankYou points. While they’re often considered the third of the three transferrable points currencies, there can be value in the program and I’m still actively collecting all three types of points.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary