Hello, travel friends and happy Saturday! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV in the past week or two. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- Last Sunday, we linked to posts that discussed an airline showing what not to do when it’s bleeding cash, the annoying popup that couldn’t survive COVID, the real reason we don’t skiplag, and more. Click here to read all about it!
Some of our more recent most-read articles:
- Have you ever seen a hotel ad that was as ridiculously accurate as this one?
- Las Vegas is getting an attraction it’s never had before
- Nearly 150 visitors from one nudist resort have COVID
- Change in requirements for traveling to Hawaii
- The CDC wanted the public’s thoughts on cruising & COVID; they’re getting an earful
- Celebration FL: the not-so-perfect town that Disney built
- Costa Rica adds more U.S. states that can visit (had been 6, now 12)
- How a stupid mistake cost me thousands of points
- How to find free roadside assistance in a different state
- Man left child behind due to expired passport. What would you have done?
- Aftermath of whole plane’s quarantine after passengers test positive for COVID
- I picked the wrong day to sign up for the Chase Freedom Unlimited
- How hard was it to cancel our American Airlines flight to Japan?
- Ten gestures that are innocent in the U.S. but offensive in other countries
- The best & worst attractions in every state, & other interesting travel graphics
- I experienced a tech nightmare I never knew was possible, while on vacation
- How we chose the location for our socially distanced vacation
- One of the least impressive historic sites we’ve ever seen
- United’s new interactive COVID travel restrictions map has flaws but potential
- We canceled our Delta Gold Amex so we can apply for a different Amex card
#stayhealthy #staysafe #washyourhands #wearamask
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 14,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.