The past several days have been filled with every aspect and view of Delta doing an overhaul of how they let flyers into its lounges, as well as the changes they’re making to their SkyMiles program.
Delta made these unfortunate changes on September 13th, but the information was “leaked” (yeah, in quotes) on the 12th. So that’s when everyone and their brother started writing about what these soon-to-be-officially-announced changes were going to mean to Delta’s frequent flyers at large.
Meanwhile, Delta had another announcement on September 12th, which turned out to barely be a whisper that was virtually ignored due to the hoopla of the lounge and SkyMiles thing – they did a major overhaul of their menu. These “thoughtfully curated menu options” affect virtually every class in some form or another, and some of it started that very day.
Of course, there are plenty of people who “swore off Delta for forever,” on September 12th/13th. That’s up to them and we respect that. It also means more Biscoff Cookies for us 😉
Onboard Snacks and drinks
Delta has updated some of its onboard snack and beverage offerings for all passengers:
- All customers will be able to try mini SunChips Garden Salsa Flavored Whole Grain Snacks as part of Delta’s complimentary snack offerings (all flights over 251 miles).
- Starting September 26th, Delta will offer oat milk creamer. This is the first time the airline will offer a dairy-free, plant-based creamer option. The oat milk creamer option from Lakeland Dairies will be available in addition to half and half. It will be available on all domestic flights, short-haul international flights and all international flights departing from the U.S.
- Back by popular demand, Delta is bringing tequila back on board. Starting this fall, customers will have the option of Lunazul Blanco Tequila as their spirit of choice. Made with 100% Blue Weber Agave, Lunazul Blanco will be available in all cabins on domestic and U.S. originating international flights.
- Beginning October 10th, New Belgium Brewing’s Voodoo Ranger IPA will be available for purchase in Main Cabin on all domestic flights.
For Delta Comfort+ and First Class customers, there will be:
- Delta’s AM snack basket will include a mix of Biscoff cookies, Nature Valley Soft Baked Oatmeal Squares. Also pictures are Kind Breakfast Protein bars, 88 Acres Triple Berry Crumble, Seneca Apple chips, and pistachios. This AM snack basket will be available for Delta Comfort+ customers on flights over 900 miles that depart between 5am and 9:45am, and for First Class customers on flights between 251 and 1,499 miles that depart between 5am and 9:45am.
- Beginning October 10th, New Belgium Brewing’s Voodoo Ranger IPA will be complimentary for customers in First Class and Delta Comfort+.
Enhanced Delta One Service, Pre-Select expansion and new Seasonal menus
Enhanced Delta One service:
- As of Sept. 12, Delta One customers are enjoying a new, plated appetizer course to complement their entrée. While settling in and sipping on their beverage of choice, customers can enjoy menu items like dill-cured salmon with pickled vegetables or Mexican shrimp cocktail.
- Also as of Sept. 12, all Delta One coast-to-coast and flights to Hawaii will mirror the best-in-class service already available on international flights. So they’ll now get heated nuts, an expanded wine selection, a special appetizer, the option of dessert or a fruit and cheese plate and (on select aircraft) espresso service.
- Delta is expanding its popular pre-select program. This gives customers flying in their Delta One and most domestic First Class cabins the ability to select their main meal up to seven days prior to departure. As of Sept. 12, customers in most domestic First Class flights over 900 miles can select from exclusive, regional or limited-selection meal options – only available through pre-select – in addition to the standard menu available on board.
Some of the pre-select items for various flights include autumn-inspired pumpkin spiced chia pudding with apples, figs and toasted pumpkin seeds for breakfast, Atlanta favorite Fox Bros. Bar-B-Q’s popular beef short rib with creamy herb mashed potatoes, green beans, caramelized shallots and BBQ jus for dinner, and a meat-free vegetarian mushroom ravioli with a red pepper butter sauce, wilted garlic spinach, artichoke, marinated tomato, and parmesan.
New seasonal menu items were designed by Delta’s in-house chefs and nutritionists, and many of the new options were chosen via customer feedback and data.
You can see the full list of Delta’s new options on this page.
Want to comment on this post? Great! Read this first to help ensure it gets approved.
Want to sponsor a post, write something for Your Mileage May Vary, or put ads on our site? Click here for more info.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and sign up to get emailed notifications of when we post.
Whether you’ve read our articles before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary