Alaska Airlines got a lot of publicity last year when they introduced what they called the “first-ever flight subscription service in the US,” Flight Pass.
Flight Pass members can fly up to 24 roundtrip flights a year to the most popular routes within California, as well as nonstop service from California airports to Reno, Phoenix and Las Vegas, for a fixed monthly rate. With annual plans starting at $49 per month, this new way to fly allows travelers to lock in main cabin deals for a full year and rewards subscribers with lower than average fares on eligible flights.
As Flight Pass members, passengers were eligible for:
- Six to 24 roundtrips each year on Alaska Airlines
- Access to any flight between 15 destinations in California, Arizona, Nevada, and Utah with no blackout dates
- A budget-friendly fixed monthly price for 12 months
- Flexibility to change flights when your plans change
- Seat assignments on every flight
- Earn at least 500 miles for every completed flight
- Enjoy free upgrades to First Class and Premium Class if you have Mileage Plan elite status
Passengers were offered two options:
- Best value – Flight Pass: Starts at $49 per month, requires booking at least 14 days before travel, and as early as 90 days in advance.
- Most flexible – Flight Pass Pro: Starts at $199 per month, allows same-day booking up to two hours before departure, and as early as 90 days in advance.
Now: 20% Discount
There have been some minor tweaks here and there, but the Flight Pass program has been very successful and the airline sees no end to the program at this time. In fact, to celebrate the first anniversary of the program, they’ve now offered a 20% discount off the first three months of new subscriptions. Here are the terms & conditions:
This promotion is a limited-time offer from 2/23/23 to 3/8/23. Alaska Airlines reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time, without prior notice. If you received your promotional code from a third party, that third party may have separate terms and conditions that apply.
- Offer limited to one promotional code per new customer and for new subscriber accounts only. New customers are those who have never signed up for an Alaska Airlines Flight Pass subscription prior to this offer. The offer is contingent upon the new customer signing up for a full, 12–month subscription to Flight Pass.
- Guests should visit flightpass.alaskaair.com to receive the promotional code.
- Each promotional code applies only to qualifying subscription plans.
- This offer is non–transferrable and may not be resold.
- If your subscription is cancelled before the end of your subscription period for any reason, you agree that your credit card will be charged for the full value of the promotional discount you received.
- If you violate any of the offer terms, the offer will be invalid.
The discount offer ends on March 8, 2023. Go to this page of Alaska Air’s website for more info.
Want to comment on this post? Great! Read this first to help ensure it gets approved.
Want to sponsor a post, write something for Your Mileage May Vary, or put ads on our site? Click here for more info.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and sign up to get emailed notifications of when we post.
Whether you’ve read our articles before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary