The Onion is a U.S.-based satirical digital media company and newspaper organization that publishes articles on international, national, and local news. Some people love it, some hate it. Either way is fine to them, I’m sure, as long as you keep clicking on their site ;-).
The Onion has also done a bunch of pieces on travel in general, many of which may or may not give you a chuckle:
(Warning: The Onion frequently uses adult language in their stories. Be aware that clicking on some of these links might show language on your device that’s NSFW)
- Biden forced to share Airbnb with 3 roommates while visiting San Francisco
- Each passenger has own theory about how guy got into first class
- Gate attendant offers Richard Branson hotel voucher after Virgin Galactic flight fully booked
- Tips for enduring long airport layovers
- 5 things to know about United Airlines
- Flight attendant demonstrates proper technique for eating fellow passenger in the event of a crash
- Bank of America introduces new Existential Rewards credit card program
- American Airlines announces it will no longer try to match seatmates by interests
- Delta agent calls for dips**t PAX to mill about in front of gate before their turn to board
- Man worried experiences of Cancun trip far too complex to be conveyed through single keychain
- Visa exposed as massive credit card scam
- TSA guy circling stuff on boarding pass with reckless abandon
So yeah…if you have an open mind and some thick skin and don’t mind more than a little satire, The Onion can be a fun read. Even when it involves travel. 😉
Want to comment on this post? Great! Read this first to help ensure it gets approved.
Want to sponsor a post, write something for Your Mileage May Vary, or put ads on our site? Click here for more info.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and sign up to get emailed notifications of when we post.
Whether you’ve read our articles before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary