Happy Sunday, y’all! Here are some travel articles we’ve recently seen that we think you may enjoy.
This week I’d like to start by bragging about my first “breaking” story. I was cleaning up links on the YMMV website (a very time consuming task), when I was checking our post about the Citi ThankYou Premier Card. I noticed the link to the card was showing a 60,000 point sign up bonus, which was higher than any other offer. So I sent a Tweet to Doctor of Credit, one of my reliable sources for credit card offers.
Just looked and the Citi ThankYou Premier card is showing a 60K sign up bonus for $4,000 spend. @Drofcredit https://t.co/U1xrrIFJYp pic.twitter.com/YFVNtBf4DQ
— YourMileageMayVary (@YourMileageVary) July 23, 2018
By 2 AM, DoC had a post online telling everyone about the offer (giving me credit for the heads up!). The original link died within hours but others were found and are still active. Now other blogs, like this post from Frequent Miler, are sharing the story. What can I say, it’s the first time I ever found anything before anyone else. Yay me!
Here’s the rest of what we found interesting this week:
- Summer (AKA Mommy Points), closed up her blog this week and has taken up residence as head of The Points Guy Family site. With the clout of TPG behind them, they are having a contest for a trip to Walt Disney World to celebrate the launch of the new site. I wish Summer and TPG the best on their new adventure.
- Speaking of Disney World, Ed from Pizza in Motion wrote about his recent stay at Fort Wilderness. This Disney resort has a special place in my heart as it was the first place on property we ever stayed. After reading his post, I can’t believe Ed’s never been to see the Hoop-De-Doo Review at Pioneer Hall?!?!?!
- Keri from Heels First Travel found the Zac Brown Distillery in Dahlonega, GA on a unexpected detour off the highway. I wish all of our detours passed by a place offering up 120 proof whiskey.
- The World According to Dev shared information about a recent 14 day Trafalgar tour across 7 European countries. As Sharon and I have discovered, the amount you like a group tour is all about the itinerary and tour guide.
- No Mas Coach shared a trick about how to get free Sirius XM Radio when they rent from National. I’ve discovered this trick will work with several car rental companies, as long as you can pick your own car.
- Lucky from One Mile At A Time wrote about how it’s possible to travel to the Canadian Arctic with Aeroplan miles. I’m not sure if either the 24 hours of sunlight in the summer or 24 hours of night in the winter would work for us. Anyway, I bet it’s really cold.
- Gary from View From The Wing shared an unhappy story about stranded United passengers at Chicago’s O’Hare Airport. I couldn’t stand being stuck overnight at the airport but being stuck at O’Hare with the weird toilets?
- Now that I booked my dad and his wife on an amazing trip to Southeast Asia, I was happy to see that Million Mile Secrets posted the best hotels to book with points in Bangkok.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.