Hooray for the weekend! We hope you have been enjoying yours. Here are some travel articles we’ve recently seen that we think you may like.
- We are very happy with our T-Mobile service after finally dropping AT&T. According to Doctor of Credit, it appears that we’re going to get even more out of our phone service as a free year long subscription to Pandora Plus will be a part of the T-Mobile Tuesday offer on August 28th. If you haven’t already downloaded the T-Mobile Tuesday app, you can find information on how to get it HERE.
- I spent last weekend in Washington DC at Frequent Traveler University. Nick from Frequent Miler was there and shared this story about how he was able to stack a Best Rate Guarantee with the Citi Prestige fourth night free benefit. I’m always amazed by Nick’s ability to think outside the box and maximize savings on travel.
- The dust is still settling from the merger of the (no longer) Starwood Preferred Guest and the Marriott Rewards programs. Lucky from One Mile at a Time shares that Hilton is wasting no time to throw some shade in Marriott’s direction. Hilton Honors is offering to match your Marriott status and provide a free breakfast for elite members (since this is no longer guaranteed at all Marriott properties). I’ve had my own problems with breakfast at Hilton’s Waldorf=Astoria properties, but at least I was able to get a free bagel sandwich and coffee.
- Sharon and I have visited the Park Hyatt Tokyo’s New York Bar and we’ve listened to jazz musicians do a 20 minute TV theme medley while we snacked on duck fat french fries and sipped Suntory whisky. With our experience there, I found this review by Kevin on Travel Codex to perfectly explain what we love and loathe about staying at fancy hotels.
- John from Loyalty Lobby wrote about the Hilton Shop-To-Earn Mall closing down on September 1st. This is Hilton’s shopping portal and making purchases through this website was one of the ways to keep your Hilton points from expiring. If you need to extend the life of your Hilton points, you still have a few more days to make any purchase through this website.
- One of the members of our Facebook group asked if there was a reason to keep both the IHG Rewards Club Premier and Rewards Club Select credit cards. Mark from Miles to Memories writes a timely post about how you can currently stack the 4th reward night free from the Premier card with the 10% rebate on rewards stays from the Select card. That means you can save 32.5% on four night reward stays if you have both cards. Well worth it to keep both cards.
- I don’t chase after mistake fares, but there are plenty of people who do. Hong Kong airlines published an amazing rate for business class flights to Asia that was too good to be true. Million Mile Secrets wrote about the fare and how Hong Kong Airlines is owning up to their mistake and honoring the fares. Good for everyone who got in on the steal of a deal.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary