Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links to articles about TSA reverses ruling, the most recent person to get #Bonvoyed, why we don’t want to go to the Maldives, United’s doing something nice for a change, the mobility assistance animal with its own Instagram account, & more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about will the real worst airline please stand up?, THIS airline jumped into THAT airline’s grave, homeshares are awful, cool Disney Halloween stuff, easy way to see what you can bring onto a plane, & more! Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- How to log onto a WiFi network when you can’t get the login page to open
- The airlines most likely to lose, misdirect or damage your luggage (& what to do if it happens)
- How to know for sure your carry-on bag will fit in the overhead, before you get to the airport
- My stupid mistake left me with points I’m never going to use
- My two favorite ways to prevent miles and points from expiring
- Orlando’s hotel hero during hurricanes
- Marriott keeps making it harder to stay in a relationship with them
- Here’s a nice thing the TSA does for military personnel
- Some great offers to save on dining at Walt Disney World
- Are these the 100 most interesting places to go and things to do in the next 12 months?
- What’s the best AMEX card to add an authorized to open up points transfers to partner programs?
- What happens if a plane is struck by lightning while in flight?
- This travel service can help you with flights on an à la carte basis – but is it worth it?
- Should you sign up for National Car Rental’s One Two Free promotion?
- All about North Korea’s one and one, teeny tiny, little airline
- Credit card review: Citi Prestige
- Successful Orlando-based stroller rental company expands into Las Vegas
- Airlines are preventing dangerous electronics from planes. How can you find out if your stuff is allowed or not?
- A way to see if the city you’re visiting is safe
- The most overpriced thing I’ve ever seen at a hotel
- “Huge drug bust” at London Gatwick turned out to be something very different
- Rebooking A Singapore Airlines Advantage Award Ticket When Your Saver Award Waitlist Clears
- What can happen when you find a cheap flight with a price that’s too good to be true
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.