IHG recently announced its end-of-year promotion, or more accurately, promotions. That’s because there are two offers available and you can pick which one you want to sign up for.
During IHG’s “Pick Your Payoff” promotion, members can choose between these two options:
- Receive 2,000 promotional bonus points each time they complete two (2) qualifying nights at participating IHG® Hotels & Resorts, globally, during the Promotion Period.
- Receive 10,000 promotional bonus points each time they complete four (4) qualifying nights at participating IHG® Hotels & Resorts, globally, during the Promotion Period.
You can’t sign up for both offers, and once you pick one, you can’t change to the other option.
The promotion period runs from October 13, 2022 through December 31, 2022. You can register any time during the promotion, but nights stayed prior to registration will not earn bonus points. Here’s a link to register.
The other rules are typical for IHG promotions. Only qualifying stays with an eligible rate will earn bonus points.
You have to think about which offer you want to sign up for. Here’s how I’d approach it:
- If I knew I was staying for 4 nights or more, I’d sign up for the 10K offer.
- If I have 2 nights planned but am not sure if I was staying more, I’d take the 2K offer but only sign up right before the stay.
- If I have no planned stays, I’ll wait.
This goes against my usual advice of signing up for offers when you see them even if you have no planned stays. However, it makes sense to wait in this case because you don’t know which offer will be the best.
Want to comment on this post? Great! Read this first to help ensure it gets approved.
Want to sponsor a post, write something for Your Mileage May Vary, or put ads on our site? Click here for more info.
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and sign up to get emailed notifications of when we post.
Whether you’ve read our articles before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary