Happy Saturday friends, and hooray, it’s finally the weekend! Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once or twice a week we include links to travel articles and blog posts we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers.
- On Sunday we posted links to articles about if this was a good value, how to use Hawaiian miles, more 737 MAX issues, a Disney dilemma, & more. Click here to read all about it!
- On Wednesday we posted links about how to NOT earn points & miles, restaurants’ “resort fee,” when airlines do nice and thoughtful things, alternatives to Disney’s crappy Wi-Fi, news about turbulence, & more! & more! Click here to read all about it!
The articles we posted this week:
- How to see if your hotel has been reported for bedbugs
- Should you sign up for a credit card during your flight?
- Some of the most ridiculous travel complaints ever
- Global Entry & TSA Pre-Check: it’s not just for Americans anymore
- What are Delta Dollars and how do you spend them?
- Here’s one more thing that can go wrong at hotels with bulk toiletry containers
- Anaheim, Orlando, Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong & Shanghai: which Disney resort should you go to and why?
- I just don’t see the appeal of bulkhead seats
- The train station that has no stairs, ramps, ticket booth, entry or exit
- Can a flight attendant force you to keep your window shade open/closed?
- Our experience flying to Austin Airport’s new South Terminal
- Why I don’t want to stay at the St. Regis
- How to save on flights by driving to a different airport
- You can denied a passport because of your name
- My best car rental upgrade ever
- Why is there only one American cruise ship?
- TSA checkpoints should get shorter: more airlines added to TSA Pre-Check
- A fun & free way to relive the magic of your Disney park vacation
- I’ve never been happier about spending $19 for a service I didn’t use
- How to get a hotel discount the old fashioned way
- How a stupid mistake cost be thousands of points
- If you’ve been enjoying Pandora Plus from the T-Mobile offer, the free ride’s coming to an end
- Alternate ways to cool or heat your room when regular hotel thermostat hacks don’t work
- I pimped our flight. What it’s like when you buy “The Works” upgrade package
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary