Posts We Like
Once a week, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers. Last week, we posted links about the airline you can’t buy tickets for, fluid retention offers, Marriott Bonvoyed our safety, remember this when we can buy from Duty-Free again, entertaining airline safety videos, & more! Click here to read all about it!
Our most-read articles this week:
- New uses for AMEX Hilton & Marriott Bonvoy statement credits don’t take effect until June 2020
- A modern-day look at WDW’s abandoned Discovery Island
- Man caught camping on WDW’s abandoned Discovery Island, called it a tropical paradise
- Reminder: AMEX doesn’t make it easy to use the new credits for wireless streaming expenses
- The most disappointing tourist attractions in the world
- Why do luxury hotels charge for WiFi but cheap hotels don’t (and what can you do about it?)
- Professional pilot’s photos of shuttered WDW from 1500 feet
- This map shows the literal translation of each country’s name
- National supermarket chain will offer free masks to all customers
- Why you shouldn’t give a young child a passport
- Minor update on WDW re-opening (don’t get excited)
- My most embarrassing travel mistake
- A new way for thieves to steal your points
- I don’t think the passport department is ready for this application
- The best card to use for expenses right now might surprise you
- Hawaiian Airlines found a simple solution to a tech nightmare
- Hotels are opening. Here’s where the biggest jumps in occupancy are
- The rise & fall of what would have been Disney’s third theme park in the U.S.A.
- How to stay off car rental companies’ Do Not Rent lists
- Hotel BOGO program developed to generate revenue, give back
- Miss traveling? Here’s a reminder of how crappy traveling is
- New dates announced for Expo 2020 Dubai
- How to avoid being tricked into paying more for a hotel room
- The most hated travel companies in America
- TripAdvisor reports massive cuts: 25% of staff, 20% of salaries
- The race for the worst credit card offer has officially begun
- What airline programs really mean when they say points never expire
- Orlando International Airport readies to welcome back traveling public
- When each cruise line starts back running
- What happens when lightning strikes a plane?
- What credit cards are in our wallets? May, 2020
- Uber will require drivers/riders to wear masks
- IATA calls for masked passengers, crew, but not onboard social distancing
- Lockdown experience: local restaurant’s Zoomed wine pairing dinner
- Airbnb laying off 25% of its employees
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 12,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.