Hey travel friends, it’s Saturday! Although if you’ve been smart and staying at home, it’s kind of hard to keep track. So for those who need to hear it – if you are reading this on the day it’s published, today is indeed Saturday. 😉
Here’s a recap of what’s gone on at YMMV this week. From what we’ve written to what others wrote that we really liked and wanted to share, it’s all here, in one convenient place!
Posts We Like
Once a week, we include links to travel articles we’ve seen that we think might be interesting to our readers. Last week, we posted links about a new use for Capital One points, why these credit cards now have more denials, Disney’s unique position, new plane snacks, future differences for Vegas & Disney, a popular thing people are at home , and more! Click here to read all about it!
Our most-read articles this week:
- Update: minor change in Marriott’s cancellation policy
- This Amex rep made sure I kept my Membership Rewards when I called to cancel a card
- Bedbugs live off people. With hotels empty, will bedbugs survive?
- Why doesn’t WDW have the Matterhorn, like Disneyland does?
- NY Mass Transit made a rule about pets, so New Yorkers said, “hold my beer”
- Good news for foreign visitors to the U.S.
- Disney chairman Bob Iger hints at what’s needed to open Disney parks
- This hotel has a serious identity problem
- Delta Air Lines changes boarding process due to coronavirus
- Virgin L.A.-to-Las Vegas high speed train is one step closer to reality
- Do this one thing to keep the banks from closing your cards
- Final 4000 stranded cruise passengers disembarking from 3 ships today
- Uber scam now fixed…for Uber. For riders? Maybe not so much
- Saving 50% on our T-Mobile bill makes us like our service even more than we already did
- Southwest extends travel funds, offers a new option to customers
- We dodged TWO coronavirus bullets so we’re in no hurry to press our luck
- Booking.com planning layoffs days after securing a $4 billion loan
- U.S.-Canadian border closed for at least another 30 days
- Did I get a retention offer for my Amex Business card?
- Don’t know if international travel will happen? Make a “Plan B”
- Is this what we should expect for air travel in the future? Maybe
- Invention to maintain social distance safety at the beach this summer
- Branson may now be willing to mortgage his private island to save Virgin Atlantic
- What to do if you lock your keys in your rental car
- It finally happened! Our IHG free night has reappeared!
- This is the thing I’ll miss the most if we aren’t able to go to Japan
- Where’s the most isolated place you’ve visited?
- Delta’s leadership will remain unchanged after all
- Citi might be holding your points hostage. Here’s how to reinstate them
- 48% of Americans have canceled summer 2000 travel plans (& other COVID-19 travel statistics)
- Is Harriet Tubman doing the Wakanda salute on a bank card?
- Restaurant review: Peter Luger Steak House, Brooklyn NY
- As different as air travel is now, some things just never change
- Wyndham Rewards further extends points expiration date
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love it if you decided to hang around and get emailed notifications of when we post. Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group – we have 12,000+ members and we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.