Happy Wednesday to all of our travel friends, both near and far! Here are some articles we’ve read from other bloggers (and other sources) that we think you may like, as well, so we’re passing them along.
- Fols at C Boarding Group wrote about how much personal information is actually leaked from hotels, and it didn’t make me feel any safer. Hopefully, they work on the problems faster than Marriott, which is still taking its sweet time to even tell people about which items of their personal info has been obtained.
- I had posted about Arby’s bizarre “We’ll fly you to Hawaii for $6” promotion and even try to win one of the flights, but of course, like so many others, I didn’t. I was talking to Mark about that on his and Shawn’s “MtM’s Miles, Points, Travel & Deals” group on Facebook…
…And not 5 minutes later, MARK WON!
- This post by C Boarding Group, about a traveller’s first aid kit, is a great addition to the posts Joe and I have written about health in relation to travel:
• What medications should you bring with you when flying
• How to prepare for airport security when flying with medications
• What to do if you forget your prescription medication when visiting Walt Disney World / visiting Universal Studios Orlando
• What to do if you get sick while staying at Walt Disney World / at Universal Studios Orlando / on International Drive
• How to bring “must stay cold” food & medicine in your carry-on
• All about flying with a cold – safety, protection, kids, refunds & more
• Visiting Orlando and have a dental emergency? There’s a mobile dentist that can come to you!
• Five easy ways to help you stay healthy while traveling
• What to do if you’re on a road trip with your pet and you need an emergency vet
- Michael from Inside The Magic wrote about a new store at Universal Studios Orlando that is 100% Monster themed and I can hardly wait to see it 🙂
PC: Michael Gavin
- Anna from Frequent Business Traveler wrote that T-Mobile and Comcast are both going to add new anti-robocall features. I jumped for joy when I read it, as I’ve been known to get several spam calls per day, some of which leave voicemails in (what I think is) Chinese. We switched from AT&T to T-Mobile a couple of years ago so we could take advantage of their lower prices and international data (and the international data works GREAT), so hopefully my junk calls will slow down, or maybe even stop.
- It’s a miracle! There’s someone who actually didn’t get Bonvoyed! Here is Ziggy’s story about a happy Marriott ending, on Traveling For Miles.
- Seats pitch on planes is getting so small that even pint-sized me can sometimes feel cramped. Seth from Wandering Aramean is giving us all hope for the future of flight.
- And finally, Gary from View From The Wing wrote about a family in Basic Economy who were so ungrateful when the airline tried to help them that it makes my blood boil. When Joe and I say next to the woman and her family who unknowingly had Basic Economy seats and everyone worked to get the adults and young kids together, she was SO grateful!
Like this post? Please share it! We have plenty more just like it and would love if you decided to hang around and clicked the button on the top (if you’re on your computer) or the bottom (if you’re on your phone/tablet) of this page to follow our blog and get emailed notifications of when we post (it’s usually just two or three times a day). Or maybe you’d like to join our Facebook group, where we talk and ask questions about travel (including Disney parks), creative ways to earn frequent flyer miles and hotel points, how to save money on or for your trips, get access to travel articles you may not see otherwise, etc. Whether you’ve read our posts before or this is the first time you’re stopping by, we’re really glad you’re here and hope you come back to visit again!
This post first appeared on Your Mileage May Vary
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.
I still can’t believe it. My body may regret it on Sunday but I am looking forward to the craziness of it all!
And I’M looking forward to reading about it 😉